Friday, December 7, 2007

Delayed Flight

First, instead of departing at 17:25, it rescheduled to fly at 17:55, and then disinformation reigned as the time of departure was pushed several time to 18:40.

The actual departure was: 19:10.

It is pretty painful to track the historical data of Southwest 187's since FAA website doesn't provide historical data, but I managed to get the data using FlightAware.com.

Apparently the plane is late due to cascading effect. In the beginning, it was already late by 24 min, and it added another 30 min delay from Kansas City to Las Vegas, and another 20 between Las Vegas to Ontario. By the time I arrived in SJC, I have already late by 80 min (from the rescheduled late arrival).

Total wasted time: 80+30 = 110 min. Instead of arriving in SJC around 18:20, I had to wait at ONT. It is alright if I consider the price of ticket (75USD), I will have to fork more if I am to drive.

No comments: