Friday, May 22, 2009

Leeching Moment - Day #5

Last night I arrived home sleepy and hit the hay without checking the status of the pipe. Today, I pay for it.

Thinking that I need to give the people head start, I went to Starbucks and sapped the line until 9. Called the support but they sent me home since they needed me to eyeball the blinking lights of the modem.

Got home, another support team member ran basic diagnostic and he tried to get me to pay for the cavalry to sweep in and fix my problem. A threat to switch to cable tamed him and the little cunt trouble himself by created a trouble ticket.

In mere 15 minutes - AT&T bot called me, telling me that the connection was restored but it wasn't. The support team member rerouted the ticket back to the central office.

Several hours passed, nothing happened, several phone calls to several support members didn't solve the issue. I left for LA.

-- the stupid bot called, but I hang up since I couldn't verify if the pipe was fully operational.

No comments: