Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Bailout Related News

This morning, the Fed dropped the key interest rate 0.5% to 1.5%, along with its buddies around the world. And why is marketplace.com shocked?
NPR: Fed Orders Emergency Cut In Key Interest Rate
NPR: Fed Cuts Rate In Conjunction with Europe
Market Place: Coordinated rate cuts unprecedented

I was wondering where are these people getting their TED spread graph, now i know, thanks to NPR Money Blog.

I was chuckling yesterday when McCain mentioned 'stabilizing home value'. Yeah, how do you stabilize a bursting bubble? After thinking the debate through, I thought: yet another debate, nothing to blog about. What I didn't expect was he is dumb enough to run with a new plan. 300B? I'll try to default too, sign me up! Let's race to the bottom.
NPR: McCain Proposes $300 Billion Mortgage Buyout Plan

A.I.G. got another blood transfusion, now the real question is: How much will the execs blow off for fun? Last time they blew off 400K in CA.
NY Times: Fed Gives A.I.G. $37.8 Billion Loan
NPR: AIG Executives Visit Posh Retreat After Bailout

DJIA 9,258.10 -189.96 (-2.01%) - still the God of Destruction is not appeased.

No comments: