Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Perl Binaries Are Screwed Up

Snapshot of Perl Modules 5.8.4 are pushed to all of the machines causing the older binary to complain and shut down. Since the pNGSLauncher was down, I had to deliver the files manually to each machine.

There were many problems namely: crashed VM, FS running out of space, anti virus wracking havoc, locked files due to active processes, and file permission problem.

These problems were slowing my LR recording progress, plus I realized that I was recording the wrong environment, QA's environment was populated with an older build for immediate release, I was supposed to record on the developer's environment. No wonder I didn't see necessary changes to fulfill the requirement.

Well, at least I practiced the deployment script prior to 5.10.x deployment.

No comments: