Sunday, October 7, 2007

Luminous eye...


Luminous eye...
Originally uploaded by fofurasfelinas
Good luck! (click the photo for full context :)

There are several reasons I like this picture: First, it is a picture of a black cat. While it is sitting on dark background, instead of blurring the subject, it is actually increasing the depth perception and the sharpness of the fur texture. Wonderful.

Glancing at the photo, I thought that the cat deliberately closing it's right eye and the person who took the picture was waiting until the cat was doing so. Wow, I thought, having a cat that could do that and waiting until it did it. What a good combination of patience and luck, I thought.

I was wrong, browsing other pictures, I realized that it was a defect. Poor thing. It is a good picture nevertheless.

No comments: