Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Public Transportation

Today I managed to haul my ass up and took the train.

Left the Sierra Madre Villa Station at 5:45, arrived at LA Union Station around 6:15.
Riding 682 it left for Tustin at 6:45, and arrived at 7:42.

The damnest happened when I was to take the local bus to work. First, I asked a bus driver, which bus should I took to take me to Dyer and Red Hill, the driver shrugged. Consulting the OCTA bus map, it informed me that I need to take bus #471, the same bus which driver shrugged at me. Damn.

Adding insult to the injury she didn't tell me to keep my money, instead she let me to put in the fare, which is free for people who take Metrolink. Double damn.

In anger, over the driver's blatant show of stupidity, I dropped a 1.25$ worth of Metro token and it was accepted as 0.75$, I forgot that I was taking OCTA. Triple damn!

[ .. work .. ]

[ lunch with Anup, ruined my diet by hogging down BJ's Shrimp Scampi ]

[ .. work a little .. ]

[ .. cake cutting for Rose ..]

[ .. work some more .. ]

Everything was going well on the way home, this time I had a guide.

Jen told me that it is generally better to take the OCTA bus #471 at 16:38 than 16:53, since the later one could be running late and there are no more Metrolink train after #689 at 17:16.

No comments: